Swiss Learning was founded in 2006 by a group of Swiss boarding school owners. Its mission is to present secondary, university and professional establishments that can guarantee the Excellence of Swiss Education. Swiss Learning also works on maintaining the link between the alumni students and Switzerland.
Switzerland welcomes students into a multicultural environment and a world of respect and understanding. Each student contributes through his or her own language, culture and religion to making the institutions part of a "global village". Swiss Learning unites all the possible elements to prepare each alumnus to become a world citizen.
Choosing a boarding school or university in Switzerland for oneself or their children is not an easy task. Swiss Learning is here to help parents or students make the right choice when it comes to selecting a Swiss boarding school or university. The outstanding team is at their service to help identify what their personal needs are and to find the best fit for them.
The 11 high schools endorsed by the Swiss Learning project all meet strict criteria. A key requirement is the ability to demonstrate a long tradition of educational excellence with at least 50 years experience in providing education and boarding facilities. The establishment must be accredited by the relevant authorities.
Essence: In the beautiful alpine village of Zuoz near St. Moritz, students from all around the world meet with local Swiss day students. Together they enjoy a holistic education that fosters talents, a healthy lifestyle and taking responsibility early on. Friends for life are made in Zuoz.
● Founded in: 1904 ● Students: 300 students, 200 boarders ● Age range: Boys and girls from 12 to 18 ● Campus: Near St. Moritz at 1,750m, five boarding houses, all sports facilities on campus (130,000 ㎡), school theatre. Ski slope and 18-hole golf course in front of the door Accreditation: IBO, CIS ● Accreditation: IBO, CIS ● Nationalities: 35 nationalities, 10% maximum per nation
Essence: A Swiss-international and familial boarding school less than 1 hour from Zurich. Academic programmes at the highest standards at a place to grow in the middle of nature. Empowering students to be active, and to show leadership and responsibility.
● Founded in: 1926 ● Students: 300 students, 160 boarders ● Age range: Boys and girls from 6 to 19 ● Campus: Less than 1 hour away from Zurich on the crest of Zugerberg, overlooking the city of Zug and its lake ● Accreditation: IBO, Cambridge IGCSE, Swiss Government, CIS ● Nationalities: 42 nationalities, committed to cultural diversity
Essence: Careful academic planning and guidance, teaching respect for tradition while embracing innovation. This is how the school guides students towards their individual goals, providing them with an exclusive international network and valuable learning experiences beyond the classroom.
● Founded in: 1889 ● Students: 300 students, 260 boarders ● Age range: boys and girls aged 6 to 19 ● Campus: 1 main campus (100,000 ㎡), 1 smaller campus (11,000 ㎡) ● Accreditation: ECIS, VSP. Department of Education ● Nationalities: 40 nationalities
Essence: TASIS provides the best of traditional American boarding school education with a European experience. Through a challenging American and IB curriculum and opportunities in leadership, service, arts, sports and travel, students find interests and passions that guide them through their lives.
● Founded in: 1956 ● Students: Total: 740, including 220 elementary, 135 middle, 385 High school, 270 boarding from grades 7-12 ● Age range: Boys and girls aged 4-18 (Pre-K to 12th) PG ● Accreditation: NEASC, ECIS, IBO ● Nationalities: Average 60
The Swiss hotel schools combine hotel management and international business in a multicultural environment. The curricula of these institutes cover the whole of the hospitality industry from room division management to finance and general management.
Les Roches is a co-educational hospitality management school offering higher education programs that is accredited by the Commission on Institutes of Higher Education (CIHE) of the New England Association of Schools and Colleges.
● 2,900+ students ● 100+ nationalities ● 5 campuses: Crans-Montana, Marbella, Chicago, Shanghai and Amman ● Ranking: Among the TOP 3 hospitality management schools in the world for an international career (TNS, 2013) ● Accreditation: University level by the New England Association of Schools and Colleges (USA) ● Programs: A wide range of programs from 1 up to 3 and a half years including Diploma, Bachelor, Postgraduate and Master level studies
Testament to the “Glion Spirit” of achievement, Glion Institute of Higher Education is ranked as one of the three best hospitality management schools in the world for an international career (TNS, Global Research, 2013). Representatives from around 100 companies come to the campuses each year to recruit students for internships and employment in international hotel chains, events, luxury business, finance and other service sectors.
● Over 1,850 students ● 90 nationalities ● 3 campuses: Glion, Bulle and London ● Ranking: Among the top 3 hotel management schools in the world for an international career (TNS Global Survey) ● Accreditation: University level by the New England Association of Schools and Colleges (USA) ● Programs: A wide range of programs (Bachelor Degrees, Postgraduate Diplomas, MBAs and Masters)